Juvederm is one of the most talked-about skin procedures in the market. Like Botox, Chemical Peels, Dermal Fillers, Dermaplane, and many more, Juvederm also earned its limelight in the beauty industry. Most blogs on the internet tell you the difference between all of these, which can be your guide in your next skincare journey. We are sure that you had already seen several blogs about Juvederm, especially when it came out as the newest skin procedure. This blog will talk about Juvederm and a complete collection of dermal fillers for your skin comprehensively.
What is Juvederm?
Juvederm is a family of injectable hyaluronic acid facial fillers that can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and deep creases and restore volume to the face. Juvederm® fillers include Ultra XC, Ultra Plus XC, Voluma™ XC, Volbella® XC, and Vollure™ XC.
These fillers have specific areas to be treated, which will be explained eventually in the blog. However, the treatment generally targets mid-face, chin, nasolabial folds, and lips.
When it comes to the post-treatment tips, for the first 24-hours after, strenuous exercise, extensive sun exposure, extensive heat exposure, and applying makeup in the area treated should be avoided. While there is little downtime after treatment with Juvederm, these tips are recommended to help keep rest to a minimum post-treatment.
What are the benefits of Juvederm?
One of the vital things to be knowledgeable about when looking into skincare procedures is their benefits. Although it might seem that most methods give off the same benefits, we will run down the advantages that Juvederm provides:
- It has minimal side effects: Since Juvederm is an injectable, it is expected to have minimal side effects. Although noninvasiveness is not promised, the side effects will not affect you as much.
- It gives off a comfortable procedure: The injectable is not painful in the process, and you only have to lay down/sit down. At the same time, your provider examines your face before proceeding to the injection.
- It offers a natural look: Juvederm is one of the innovations in the beauty industry, so it provides the newest improvements for the past issues in cosmetology. Several people want changes without altering the look of being natural. In Juvederm, you do not have to be stressed about that.
- It is reversible: Since the results are temporary, you can reverse them without the fear of looking ugly if you want to alter them to a better one. Let your provider give you the best advice as well.
- It has immediate procedures and results: Seeing results right away might be something unbelievable, but it is possible with Juvederm.
Juvederm vs. Botox
Like what is mentioned earlier, Botox and Juvederm are gaining their limelight in the beauty industry. We understand how overwhelming it is to choose between the two and other more skin procedures available. So we will differentiate the two for you.
- Juvederm – Different types of Juvederm fillers temporarily add volume to the face, such as lips, chin, nasolabial folds, and cheeks in adults over 21.
- Botox – Temporarily improves the appearance of moderate to severe forehead lines, crow’s feet, and frown lines in adults over 18.
- Juvederm – Lips, folds around the nose and mouth, cheeks, and chin.
- Botox – Crow’s feet, forehead lines, and frown lines.
- Juvederm – The duration varies by product. For example, Juvederm Voluma XC can last up to one year in the chin with optimal treatment.
- It can last up to 3-4 months for moderate to severe frown lines.
What is the complete set of fillers for Juvederm?
Different fillers for Juvederm have their benefits and target specific areas of the body. In this article, we will explain each one to choose what is the most suitable for you. The complete Juvederm fillers are as follows:
- Ultra XC: The Ultra XC is a type of dermal filler approved by the FDA in 2010. It is mainly used in treating facial wrinkles as well as increasing the lip’s volume. The filler contains water, hyaluronic acid, and lidocaine. The dermal filler is safe, but it includes side effects like pain, swelling, and bruising. The dermal filler lasts for nine months to a year.
- Ultra Plus XC: Since the “plus” means an upgrade, it is essential to know that Ultra Plus XC does more in treating moderate to severe wrinkles, nasolabial folds, facial shaping, and more in addition to specific facial features. This dermal filler lasts for a year, is thicker, and is injected deeper into the dermis.
- Voluma™ XC: The dermal filler Voluma™ XC is used only to treat symptoms of facial wrinkles and folds, back of the hands, and mid-facial volume loss. Like the other fillers, it can be used alone or with another filler. According to sources, it has serious side effects such as hives, difficulty breathing, swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat, scarring, vision changes, dizziness, and many more.
- Volbella® XC: Volbella® XC specifically targets the lips for lip augmentation and correction of perioral lines of lipstick lines. The dermal filler is only applicable for ages 21 and above and lasts for a year with optimal treatment. Its side effects may include swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching, lasting for 30 days or less.
- Vollure™ XC: The Vollure™ XC dermal filler is designed to treat wrinkles around the nose and the mouth and moderate to severe wrinkles and folds forming on the face. It lasts up to 18 months with optimal treatment and has side effects of firmness, swelling, tenderness, lumps/bumps, redness, pain, bruising, itching and discoloration.
The benefits might sound the same, but remember to consult your provider on what is best for you and meet halfway based on your desires. There are a lot of beauty clinics that offer Juvederm, but make sure to choose the best one. In My Aesthetic Studio, you will feel like the boss of yourself since your opinion matters to them. Not only will you be pooled around several excellent services, but you will also experience professional help!
Juvederm will work for sure to kickstart your skincare journey. Are you ready to take the risk? Start contacting the nearest beauty studio near you and experience the fresh and glowing results of Juvederm!